Vancouver Island Market is gearing up to host yet another fantastic event, this time honouring Moms.
It is the ONLY Mother’s Day market on Vancouver Island, and sure to please everyone!
VIM is More Than Just a Craft Market
Vancouver Island Market (VIM) is a full-time market planning organization that supports not only local creatives, but other small Vancouver Island businesses as well. It takes a lot of hard work, research, and planning, to put together the largest market on Vancouver Island. Yet, VIM ensures it happens at each event they create and host. This dedication to greatness has an immensely positive impact on all involved, especially to those many entrepreneurs who are front and centre at the show.
The VIM markets attract shoppers and vendors from all over Vancouver Island, including the surrounding smaller islands, and even like-minded creatives and shoppers from the mainland. They have the potential to bring in over half a million dollars per year back into our economy to help keep us island-folks living a sustainable lifestyle.
What’s even more unique and special about VIM is the broad spectrum of talent, workshops, and learning opportunities provided at each market. No matter how many times you attend one of their events, there’s always a bit of a WOW factor when you enter through the main doors. You can count on there always being something new and exciting around every corner.
Which is exactly the case for this year’s Mother’s Day Market…
What You Can Expect at the Mother’s Day Market
This Mother’s Day Market you’ll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes, and learn what it really takes to be a small entrepreneur on Vancouver Island, all while honouring all the beautiful Mom’s out there.
- Mom’s enter free when you use the coupon code VIMMOM at checkout. You can purchase tickets at => https://vancouverislandmarket.com/tickets
- Your entry ticket includes free painting and embroidery workshops. There are 10 different times to choose from, so make sure to check out the times and details on the VIM website.
- There is going to be a very special live event happening on Friday evening at 7:00 pm. I’ve been told that you don’t want to miss this!
- Guest speaker (Saturday at noon) all about the biggest obstacles to healthy eating. This is going to be popular, so please RSVP.
- Exit Nanaimo will be on site with riddle challenges and a group tournament where a grand prize package will be awarded.
- Wildplay Nanaimo will also be there to draw a set of passes for their Classic Adventure Course.
- Food trucks
- Free food samplings from new and returning vendors
- Entertainment from Dennis Atkins (back by popular demand from the Spring Market)
- Free wifi access for Mom and Daughter selfies
- And, the best part, over 80 talented vendors!
For a full list of vendors and their profiles, please visit the VIM website.
The V.I.M. Mother’s Day Market will be held in the vacant Sears building at Nanaimo North Town Centre. (4750 Rutherford Road). North and South entrance access only.
Market Dates and Time:
Friday, May 10th from 12:00 – 9:00 pm
Saturday, May 11th from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Admission is $5 at the door or save $2 when you pay online.
For all of you Moms out there….don’t forget to use the code: VIMMOM at checkout to get your ticket for FREE!
Kids 12 and under are free as well.
V.I.M. and all the returning and new vendors are ready to bring you a ton of gift ideas and fun at the Mother’s Day Market.
We will see you there!