The Cabins at Terrace Beach provide a perfect family-friendly oceanside getaway in Ucluelet. (And, yes, this resort is also great for a romantic retreat for two as well).
At low tide, Terrace Beach is one of the most bio-diverse beaches on the West Coast. Adults and kids alike will love gawking at the tide pools full of living sea creatures, such as starfish, crabs, anemones, and plant life. However alluring, please try your best to only look and not touch. This helps keeps the area in the pristine condition it is accustomed to!
The Oceanfront accommodations at The Cabins offer a glimpse of this amazing beach. The resort also offers guests the option of condo-style accommodations at Spring Cove, as well as an authentic cabin experience in their Rainforest Cabins.
All of the cabins come with a full kitchen, stone fireplace, and floor to ceiling windows. Compared to many other accommodations on the West Coast, The Cabins are extremely reasonably priced
Splurge: I highly recommend splurging on an Oceanfront Cabin. Being near the ocean is why you’re heading to the West Coast, is it not!?
All of the Cabins, as well as the Sabbatical Suites overlooking Spring Cove, are pet-friendly. Pets receive frequent treats, as well as dog towels upon arrival. The cost to bring your dog is an extra $20 per night (per pet), with a maximum of two pets per cabin.
Things to note:
- You must bring your own dog bed and bowls
- Dogs are not allowed on the cabin furniture
- If your dog has to be left unattended for any length of time, it should remain inside a kennel.
- Pets must remain on a leash while on the property
- No pets are allowed in the lodge.
Resort Tips and Services
- This property is adjacent to the Lighthouse Loop section of the Wild Pacific Trail (one of my most favourite trails ever!).
- The cabins are bigger than they appear. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at their size and spaciousness once inside.
- There is a beautiful Lodge on-site, used mainly for weddings and events. While the lodge does have its own set of accommodations, children are not allowed in this particular area.
- Make sure to take advantage of the many boardwalk trails accessible from within the resort.
- The Ucluelet Aquarium is 5 minutes’ drive away.
- Surf lessons can be arranged at Ukee Surf School 3 km from the resort.
- Make sure to check out all there is to do while there: Exploring the Pacific Rim
Check Availability at:
Have you been to this family-friendly oceanside getaway? Let us know how it went the comment section below.