Join in the celebration of our local talent with Etsy: Made in Canada!
Etsy: Made in Canada is a national, community-led initiative celebrating the crafters, collectors and artisans in local communities across the country. From coast to coast, Canadian cities and towns will be participating in this event powered by local Etsy Teams.
This year marks the nationwide event’s fifth year. Popping up in 35+ cities, Etsy artisans will sell their handmade wares, vintage goods and supplies to local buyers at these marketplaces, each representing the spirit of the local community.
The Nanaimo Event
This will be the second year the local Etsy team will host the Nanaimo Etsy: Made in Canada event. For months they have been working behind the scenes to build on the success of last year’s event, where there were approximately 3,000 visitors.
Let’s help make this year’s event even bigger and better by coming out and supporting your local artisans! There will be over 70 vendors selling high-quality handmade goods from makers coming from Duncan to Comox and many spots in between.
- Saturday, September 23 – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, September 24 – 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Etsy: Made in Canada Nanaimo event will be held at Nanaimo North Town Centre
In alphabetical order, here is a list of all participating vendors.
- All Chewed Up
- Baby Fern Kids
- Backwoods Soap & Candle Co.
- Black Cat Stitches
- Blushing Bluebird Essentials
- Blyss by Laura
- Brass Lass
- bread + clutter
- Brownlee Custom Baby
- Cheryl Jacobs Designs
- Cool Cat Fiber Works
- Craig’s Workshop
- Dapper Babies Boutique
- Deer Child
- D’Lish Soaps
- DoodleBaby Gifts
- Down2Earth Designs
- Etchythings and Accents Inc.
- FaeGarten Clay
- Funky Fungus
- Harbour Calling
- Heritage Rag Rugs
- Hey Baby!
- Island Rustic Creations
- little kin + co
- Little Munchkins Vinyl
- Long Lake Studio
- Lulubee Creations
- Lux Adorn Designs
- Mixed Metal Mimi
- My Favourite Fabric Store
- Partea Favours
- Pine Co.
- Rad-ish Life
- Red Shepherd Designs
- Remedy Essential Oils
- Resonated Rock
- rocks and roots apparel
- RUSTED NAIL DESIGNS
- Silver Bee Designs
- skc decorative arts
- Little Love Design Shop
- Sweet Peas kids krafts
- Taryn’s Cloth Creations
- Taylor’d Metals
- the craft room
- The Gypsy’s Muse
- The PuddleDuck Store
- Things Janice Makes
- This and That Creations
- Tiny Twigs Wellness
- Urchin Bags
- Vanessa T Cunningham
- Vault of Wonder
- Wander Among the Wildflowers
- West Coast Wee Ones
- Whim and Poppy
- Whimsy Forest
- Wild Pine Design
- Woody and Wild Aritsan Crafts
Follow Etsy Nanaimo on social media to find vendor bios and some special promo’s that are happening before the show.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EtsyNanaimoTeam/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etsynanaimo/
A Look at the Etsy Nanaimo Team Leaders
The team leaders of Etsy Nanaimo work hard to put all of this together for you. Which is why I wanted to showcase them a bit more. Please show them some extra love by visiting their shops and social media accounts.
Taryn’s Cloth Creations
Taryn Silver (Team Captain)
You can find Taryn’s Cloth Creations on the following social media:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tarynsclothcreations
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TarynsClothCreations/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/taryncreates/
Vanessa’s Clay Adventures
Vanessa Betcher (Venue and Volunteer Coordinator)
Find Vanessa’s Clay Adventures on the following social media:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/vanessasclay
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VanessasClayAdventures/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clay_adventures/
My Favourite Fabric Store
Tanya Gruszecki (Vendor Relations)
You can find My Favourite Fabric Store on 34-3 Nicol Street in Nanaimo. Tanya is also on the following social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myfavouritefabricstore/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yourfabriclady/
The Whimsy Forest
Lindsay Egan (Legal and Venue Decor)
Find The Whimsy Forest on:
Sweet Peas Kids Krafts
Kelly Milholm (Treasurer & Budget)
Sweet Peas Kids Krafts can be found on the following social media:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SweetPeaskidskrafts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SweetPeaskidskrafts/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sweetpeaskids/
Etchythings and Accents Inc.
Mei Dunlop (Sponsorship & Media Planner)
You can find Etchythings and Accents here:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/manufacturing/18910/etchythings-and-accents-inc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EtchythingsandAccents/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etchythingsandaccents/
- Website: http://etchythings.com
- Production Partner: https://www.etsy.com/manufacturing/18910/etchythings-and-accents-inc?
Kent and Ashley Leontowich (Etsy Nanaimo Team Page Promoter)
Westcoastkitch is available on:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Westcoastkitsch
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/westcoastkitsch/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/westcoastkitsch/
A Little Love Designs
Jen Barton (Event Space Planner)
Find A Little Love Designs at:
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LittleLoveDesignShop
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALittleLoveDesignsCreations/
Tell us, which vendor(s) you are most excited about seeing at the Etsy: Made in Canada Nanaimo event?
Please let us know by leaving your comment below.
I will leave you with a few images of the previous year’s event.
I hope to see you at this year’s Etsy: Made in Canada Nanaimo event!