The Wickaninnish Inn500 Osprey Ln, Tofino, BC
A Bucket List Trip
The Wickannish Inn is best for couples – especially those celebrating an anniversary or milestone birthday.
With direct access to Chesterman Beach, this world-class hotel offers inspiring ocean views from all guest rooms and public spaces. However, the views are best seen and enjoyed from the privacy of your deluxe room or suite!
Each room is elegantly equipped with a fireplace, soaker tub, balcony, and binoculars to help you take in that spectacular view.
Splurge: Okay, who am I kidding…every room in this resort is a splurge! But, if you are looking to celebrate a milestone of some kind and want an unforgettable experience, this is the place to do so.
Pet-Friendly?: The Inn has a few pet-friendly rooms. If bringing your pooch is a must look for the Deluxe Rooms, the Beachcomber Suite, or the Frank Island Suite.
The ‘Ruffin It‘ package includes a bed and blanket for your dog, food and water bowls, treats, use of a ‘Chuckit!’ ball launcher, and your own issue of Modern Dog magazine. Cost is $40 per night for your first pet, and $20 for your second (there’s a maximum of 2 pets per room).
The resort also offers pet shower stations, as well as pet sitting for an additional charge.
Where to Eat
The Pointe Restaurant is one of Tofino’s top restaurants. And with the 240-degree view of the Pacific Ocean, tip-top service, and a gourmet menu, it is not hard to see why. Their menu changes with the season and is à la carte. They serve a West Coast inspired cuisine, specializing in fresh seafood, and use locally sourced high-quality ingredients.
- For the best seat in the house reserve a window table if you can.
- Don’t reserve too late in the evening, for once the sun sets the views aren’t quite as good.
- For a truly decadent experience try the Chef’s Tasting Menu, paired with accompanying wines.
Bar & Lounge
For a great selection of drinks, as well as a small menu option with a bit more casual fare, head to On the Rocks Bar & Lounge. Here you will find an excellent selection of wines, ports, and one of B.C.’s largest selection of single malt scotches.
For delicious speciality coffees, smoothies, and great breakfasts, lunches, and/or light dinners, the Driftwood Cafe is the place to be. They even have daily house-made bread available for purchase!
Resort Tips and Services
- If you are celebrating something special, make sure to tell staff upon booking. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the attention you receive!
- The entire design of the Inn was planned to be the best storm watching destination on the coast of North America. So take advantage of this fact, and plan to go during storm watching season (November through February).
- Full rain gear is provided in each guest room, along with rubber boots sized to fit, upon request. So don’t worry about having to pack those bulky items!
- For a relaxing retreat head to the Look-Out Library. Use the high-powered binoculars to scan the horizon, or sit in one of the comfy chairs and read a book from their lending library. This is where you’ll also find their great selection of DVD’s, puzzles and games.
- If you love art, make sure to check out the Carving Shed (located to the left of the Inn on Chesterman Beach if looking out at the ocean).
- Don’t leave without checking out Secret Cove. You will find the trailhead in the parking lot located on the far right of the Resort.
- There is an onsite fitness centre, also with great views of Chesterman Beach.
- Hatha Yoga is available daily (for an additional charge).
- For a divine experience, book a treatment at the Ancient Cedars Spa.
If you do decide to take the kids:
- Enjoy complimentary babysitting for children under 12 when dining at The Pointe Restaurant (based on availability).
- Babysitting is available to you while you are at the spa or on an outing (for an additional charge).
- You will find a kids basket in your room upon arrival.
- You will receive a Scavenger Hunt, designed to take you and the kids on some local discoveries around the Inn and the surrounding beach and forest.
- Children’s bicycles are available on a first come, first-served basis.
- Complimentary beach toys are available upon request.
- There is a great selection of movies, board games, books and puzzles for inside fun.
- You will find child-sized bathrobes in your room upon arrival.