Snug Harbour Inn460 Marine Dr, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0
An Upscale Bed and Breakfast
Location – Ucluelet
The Snug Harbour Inn is definitely a couples retreat, for it is an adult-only property.
You’ll find this luxury Bed and Breakfast retreat perched on a cliff overlooking the rugged West Coast shoreline, surrounded by an old growth forest.
The rooms are well-appointed with a fireplace, seating area, private outside deck (to enjoy those incredible views), and a private spa-like bathroom equipped with a jetted tub and heated floors.
And of course, breakfast is included each day (and absolutely delicious, by the way!).
Splurge: The Forest View King Rooms are superb! They have an added level of privacy, are very large, and come with a 2 person jetted tub (many of the other rooms come with the large tub too).
Pet-Friendly?: The Rowland Forest View room is their only pet-friendly room. Please note, though, that pets are not allowed in the Inn’s main building.
Where to Eat?
As mentioned, you will receive a full breakfast every morning, one that is not only delicious but varies each day. Breakfast is served in the Great Room at the large harvest table, communal style, where conversations with fellow guests and owners of the Inn (Sue and Drew) are encouraged.
In this same room, you will find a light-duty kitchen equipped with a full-sized fridge accessible to all guests.
For lunch and dinner, you’ll be happy to know that you are within walking distance to many great Ucluelet restaurants.
- If you are seeking a fine dining option, I recommend Norwoods.
- For casual dining, try the Cedar Grill.
Resort Tips and Services
- The Ferris Room (one of the large Forest View – King Rooms) is completely wheel-chair accessible.
- Take advantage of the large common room (otherwise known as the Great Room) to sit by the warm fire and take in the views from the large picture windows.
- A year-round hot tub is located on the main deck.
- Get friendly with your gracious hosts (Sue and Drew). They are a wealth of information with regards to the best things to see and do in the area.
- If you do happen to return to the Inn mid-day, there will most likely be a freshly baked cake to nibble on to be enjoyed with a cup of hot tea.
- Complimentary WiFi is available in the Great Room.
- Make sure to descend the 85 feet down to the small private beach. It’s a truly beautiful and pristine place to explore.
- At the end of the resort’s driveway, you will find an access point to the Wild Pacific Trail. Ask one of the hosts for a detailed trail map of either the 2.5 km loop or the 4.5 km hike (or both, if you are feeling ambitious!).
- During March and April whales migrate past the area on their way to Alaska, and there is a good chance you’ll see them from the comfort of the Inn during this time. However, no matter what time of year you decide to stay at the Inn, make sure to use their high-powered mounted binoculars to scan the horizon. It’s a great place to spot all kinds of treasures!