Pacific Sands Beach Resort1421 Pacific Rim Hwy, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0
A Deluxe Beachfront Accommodation
Location – Tofino
Pacific Sands Beach Resort is great for couples and/or families.
Located on beautiful Cox Bay Beach, the accommodations at this resort give you front row seating to some of the most spectacular West Coast ocean views.
The resort offers suites and beach houses, as well as a 4-bedroom private home. All of their units come with a fireplace and a fully equipped kitchen. If for some reason you feel you are missing a gourmet pantry item, guest services will most likely have it, and they are just a phone call away.
Splurge: If you can swing it, stay in a Signature Suite for the private hot-tub looking out over the spectacular view!
Pet-Friendly?: The resort has a few pet-friendly suites. When you register your pet, they’ll be provided with dog dishes, treats, and a pet towel upon arrival. The resort also offers pet wash stations (for after that sandy beach run), as well as waste bags and disposable containers.
- There is a one-time fee of $40 per pet
- Limit of two pets per unit
- Dogs must be leashed at all times
Where to Eat
Although Pacific Sands doesn’t have an indoor restaurant, they do have a SurfsideGrill.
Enjoy fresh local seafood, along with classic beach food (fish and chips, burgers, tacos, etc.) for lunch and dinner each day until 7:00 pm. If you are there during the winter months, it’s the perfect comfort food for curling up by the fire and watching the storms roll into Cox Bay from the privacy of your room. For the warmer months, there’s an outdoor seating area for you to enjoy.
Need coffee? Although coffee is supplied in each room, if you’re looking for something a little more gourmet, you’ll find ‘Beans on the Beach Espresso Bar‘ at Guest Services. Enjoy your speciality coffee, tea or hot chocolate curled up on one of the comfy couches, or take it to go.
If you’d like to utilize that fully-equipped kitchen, the front desk carries a wide variety of grocery items. You’ll find everything from the basics (bread, milk, bacon, and eggs) to ready-made favourites, such as pizza, burritos, ice cream, and waffles.
And let’s not forget…Pacific Sands Resort is ideally located, and only a short 5-minute drive from the town of Tofino where you’ll find grocery stores, liquor stores, and many delicious and unique restaurants.
Resort Tips and Services
- If this sounds like the resort for you, take advantage of their great off-season rates.
- If you are staying in the summer months (July and August), they offer a complimentary Kid’s Camp 7-days a week, from 10:00 – 11:30 am. These camps include activities such as rainforest exploring, animal tracking, survival skills, and beach exploration.
- Also available in the summer are complimentary nightly S’more Roasts from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Resort staff build a fire and provide you with the sticks and all the fixings.
- WiFi is complimentary.
- Complimentary beach toys and a great selection of games are available at Guest Services. They even have boogie boards!
- There is coin operated laundry available onsite, and it’s centrally located in the Lodge building. The resort provides complimentary laundry soap and dryer sheets.
- Do you want to take surf lessons or learn to paddleboard? Head to the Surf Shack – the onsite surfboard and paddleboard rental and lesson centre.
- Complimentary yoga classes happen every Saturday morning (7:30 – 8:30 am) at the Surf Shack (guests must pre-register at Guest Services).
- From May through October the resort has bikes for rent for both adults and children. Helmets, bike locks, and trail maps are included in your rental fee.
- Is it raining? “Rent” a movie from a selection of over 500 titles. There’s a suggested donation of $2.00 to the Raincoast Interpretive Centre in lieu of rental fees.
- The resort offers childcare for a fee of $15.00 per hour for up to three children. A two-hour minimum is required.
Check Availability at: