Fairmont Empress721 Government St, Victoria, BC
Location – Downtown Victoria
One of Victoria’s most recognized landmarks also happens to be one of the world’s topmost iconic hotels. Like most Fairmonts, the service and quality at the Fairmont Empress are second to none. This resort features turn of the century architecture, classic beauty and an unrivalled location on the water.
In June 2017, the Empress completed a $60+ Million restoration that both celebrates its proud history while moving the hotel into a new era of modern luxury.
The Fairmont Empress features a wide selection of unique well-appointed guestrooms and suites, many of which offer magnificent views of the harbour, city or gardens.
Pet-Friendly?: Pet-friendly rooms are available in advance for a fee
Fairmont Empress Junior Suite. Photo credit: Tourism Victoria
- The Empress offers a wide selection of unique guestrooms featuring classic details and modern touches, but if you can swing it, splurge on one of the rooms or suites with a harbour view.
- Book yourself into the Willow Stream Spa…you won’t regret it!
- Have afternoon tea in the Lobby Lounge. Tea at the Empress is among the world’s best unique tea experiences!
Lobby Lounge – photo credit: Tourism Victoria
Where to Eat
The Empress has a variety of dining experiences for you to enjoy.
Q at The Empress – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Located in the most storied room in Victoria and a must-visit culinary experience.
Q Bar – Open from 11 a.m. – 12 a.m with superb culinary offerings until 11 p.m. Features a vibrant selection of signature cocktails, an extensive wine list and enticing local craft beers on tap
Lobby Lounge – Chic and sophisticated, home of the world famous Tea at the Empress.
The Veranda – The Veranda at the Fairmont Empress overlooks Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour. Open during the summer season only.
As the resort is centrally located, you will also be in walking distance to many of Victoria’s top restaurant choices.
Resort Tips & Services
- Within walking distance to most of Victoria’s most sought after attractions
- Onsite health club, which includes a fully-equipped gym, indoor heated pool and whirlpool area
- For business travellers, Fairmont Empress offers a light business service, which includes:
- Complimentary airline boarding pass printing
- A workstation
- High-speed internet access
- Laser printing
- Fax machine
- Courier and mailing services are available at the Front Desk.
- In-room services such as a work area and high-speed internet access
- If you are travelling with kids, the resort offers some great activities (here’s a sampling):
- Scavenger Hunt
- Prince and Princess Afternoon Tea
- Marmot watching
- Honey Bee watching
- BMW cruiser bike rentals
- Child-sized bathrobes available upon request
- Children’s menus (kids aged 5 and under eat free off the children’s menu, while kids aged 6-12 eat for half price off the regular menu)
- On-demand film selection
- Babysitting services
- The resort also offers wedding, conference, and special event services
Check Availability at: