Black Rock596 Marine Drive, Ucluelet, BC
A Romantic Retreat
Location – Ucluelet
The Black Rock provides a perfect couple retreat but is also great for families too.
Surrounded by rainforest, this oceanfront resort was built with innovative architecture – of rock, water, glass, steel, and wood – to enhance and contrast the wild Pacific landscape.
Each suite offers floor-to-ceiling windows featuring pacific nature views, a gas fireplace, and a balcony with outdoor seating. You will also find either a kitchenette or full kitchen (including a microwave, fridge and dishwasher), along with a flat-screen satellite TV, an iPod docking station, and a spa-inspired bathroom.
Splurge: Opt for one of their Premium Suites for the unobstructed panoramic ocean views!
Pet-Friendly?: This resort has many pet-friendly rooms. If requested they will provide your dog with a bed, bowls and extra towels. The resort also has a dog wash station outside the main lodge building, as well as a waste bag dispenser.
Located beside the resort is Big Beach, offering a fantastic place for your dog to run freely. From the resort, you will also find an access point to the Wild Pacific Trail, which is another great place to exercise your dog.
- Pet fees are $25.00 per night.
- While on the resort property, pets must stay on a leash at all times.
- The gift shop carries a variety of dog toys and treats.
Where to Eat
Featuring an outdoor patio and stunning ocean views, every seat at Fetch, indoor and out, has a spectacular view of the surrounding rocky headlands and the open Pacific Ocean. The rotating menu is inspired by locally sourced seasonal ingredients and specializes in “Ocean-wise” sustainable seafood. They also carry an extensive wine list and create yummy (and unique) housemade cocktails.
The Fetch is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Float Lounge offers floor-to-ceiling windows and a fireplace, along with a casual contemporary atmosphere. The Lounge is meant for sharing cocktails, appetizers, and warm conversations. They offer a small snack menu if you are looking for a lighter fare.
The Float Lounge opens daily at 3:00 pm.
Resort Tips and Services
- If this resort sounds like the place for you, make sure to watch for specials (great deals can frequently be found on websites such as Travelzoo, etc.).
- If you are celebrating something special, make sure to tell guest services when booking.
- This hotel has both a spa and fitness facility, as well as two outdoor hot tubs and a seasonal plunge pool.
- There is free WiFi (although definitely spotty).
- As mentioned in the ‘Pet-Friendly’ segment above, this resort sits adjacent to both Big Beach and one of the Wild Pacific Trail’s access points.
- The resort is located only a few minutes to the town of Ucluelet if you’re wishing to dine elsewhere.