Welcome to Vancouver Island View!
While I believe my tag line: Island life ~ Island time ~ Island fun sums it all up pretty nicely, let me tell you a bit more about Vancouver Island View.
My family and I moved to Vancouver Island in the summer of 2008. From the moment we set up shop in our humble abode in Yellow Point, I was smitten with the beautiful surroundings this magical place has to offer.
There is just something about being near the ocean that brings a sense of peace and tranquility. The world around you seems less harried, and more enjoyable. The people more friendly. The overall atmosphere all that more relaxing. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better place to raise my young family.
Being new to the Island we were always eager to explore. Every chance we got we discovered new (to us) attractions, points of interest, communities, trails, and the abundance of parkland.
All these years later, and after a move to Nanoose Bay, we are still exploring, discovering, and more often times revisiting favorite destinations.
This website was started (in January 2016) to showcase and share everything we love about Vancouver Island. And with the sole purpose of getting people, mainly locals, out and about.
Funny enough it has been documented that we don’t often make the effort to be a tourist in our own hometown. I can’t tell you how many home-grown locals I have come across who have yet to venture further than their own backyard.
So while Vancouver Island View could possibly be labelled as a tourism website, my greatest wish is for local Vancouver Islanders to utilize this blog for inspiration to get out there and see the sights!
What You Can Expect To See
- The main section will always be about reviews of destinations we have discovered and enjoyed. An archive of those places can be found under the Out’n About menu tab.
- For reviews of small businesses, artisans, and restaurants head to the Local Spotlight section. (If you and your business would like to be featured please contact me for more details)
- I will do my best to keep up-to-date on local Events and Activities happening around Vancouver Island. But if there is something you think I should know about please feel free to contact me
- Because our desire to explore isn’t limited to Vancouver Island, under the Off the Rock menu tab you will find information about family friendly destinations elsewhere.
- If you are ever looking for a specific location mentioned in one of our articles, you will also find it on the Vancouver Island Map.
- And for a bit of fun, make sure to Take the Quiz to find out which part of Vancouver Island you should explore.
Keeping all of that in mind, I invite you to peruse through Vancouver Island View.
Enjoy Island life, relax on Island time, have some Island fun…
But most importantly, never stop exploring and always enjoy the view!
If you wish to keep up to date on new posts, please subscribe below for weekly updates:
You can also find me on the following social media sites: